Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cookbooks Arrived Today

    158 copies of my Amish cookbook and 10 posters for the shows arrived today.  I gave my UPS guy one of the cookbooks. He is always so nice, as are the other UPS drivers.  They did a great job on the posters.  The cover of my cookbook has an Amish buggy driving down a snow-covered lane.  Ahhh...I remember the wonderful hot chocolate and soft-baked molasses cookies when we would go riding in the snow.  Of course, those sweet goodies were back at the oversized farm that we would have to dventure up snow-covered dirt roads to get back to.  I will be making Amish Unbaked Peanut Butter Bars for the shows.  They are good with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot cocoa. 
     It is raining here now with winter just around the corner.  As I am head back to check on breads in the oven, I sure miss the wood-burning stove, such deeply comforting food! Winter in Amish communities is a time to slow down and rest- a time to get extra quilting done and catch up with family and friends through correspondence.  I know very few people who actually write letters now.  It is so different in English communities.  I always get lots of wonderful cards from my Mennonite sisters and look forward to receiving them.  I think this email trend will change as more and more people find the joy in getting penpals, at least I hope it does change.  Thinking of someone special?  Send a card out today.  I am sure they will just love it!

Blessings,

SICILY YODER

No comments: