Monday, October 26, 2009

AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD AND MORE THIS WEEK.

     I am busy with baking Amish Friendship Bread, Pumpkin Bread and Banana Bread this week.  I hope to get Amish crackers done, too.  I am very excited about my upcoming show tour.  Gaylord, Michigan is supposed to get some snow when I arrive, but the high is supposed to be in the mid-40s, so it will melt.  We used to eat snow cream when I was little.  Mom would make wonderful candy out of it.  I haven't had snow cream in years. 
      Mark, at the Gaylord Hampton Inn,  was wonderful in booking me two extra nights for the trip.  I am presenting in Alcona on the 3rd, then Gaylord on the 4th, so I figured I would just stay the whole time in the same place.  I am Hilton Gold, so like to get the points, too.  I am almost to the Diamond level due to my traveling so much.  I like Hampton Inn because of their Cloud Nine Beds.  Winchester, Kentucky has a wonderful Hampton Inn if you are ever in the area.  Darryl, the owner, has Christian meetings in the business room every week.  I have attended several.  I just adore Christian businesses!  I used to be Breakfast Hostess at Lexington Airport's Hampton Inn years ago.  I loved talking to the guests and trying to get them to visit the local horse farms and other attractions. 
      I will have pictures and videos of my trip to post when I return from my final show in Orlando.  Andrew and Andrea and the baby are coming back with me for the holidays.  I am very excited to get to have both grandbabies, Jason Rome Tinsley, and Gabriel Nathaniel, with me for Thanksgiving.  You know, Thanksgiving is all about family and the gratitude that you share.  The Amish and Mennonites have taught me that it is people that matter, not things, so lets remember that this holiday season...and swing by one of my simple, yet simply good shows!

Blessings,

SICILY YODER

No comments: