Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sad Visit to Westgate Resorts

     I had contacted Westgate awhile back, wanting to maybe do a travel segment on them, as lots of friends were talking about timeshares, and several of my friends own them.  Well, as I stopped at a Welcome Center, I seen large framed pictures of them.  I was so excited that I asked the lady if I could visit one of the properties.  She signed me up for the tour.  I couldn't wait to go to tour the property.  The lady I met with was just awesome, having a very "can-do attitude" and warm, personable personality. 
     However, the manager above her was so sales-pushy, I finally had to tell him that I had to be at a store to sell my jams, salsas and sign my cookbooks and was late, as the presentation was supposed to take 90 minutes and it didn't- it took much longer.  He said that she had not done a good job at selling to me and that all of my customers at the store entrance would say "No, No!  He was talking about when I asked them if they wanted to buy my books or foods.  I have never been treated this bad by a sales person; it made me cry.  What is sad is that I NEVER buy the same day on purchases over $2,000- its a rule of my mine that I learned from The Dave Ramsey program, and I am sticking to it.  And it is really sad because I would have bought from them, as the "Get Aways" program would save me a lot of money.  I called Westgate to hear what they have to say about my review.

No comments: